FRB courses provide theoretical and practical training of seafarers to obtain certification of seafarers qualified for fast rescue boats. A fast rescue boat as described in Chapter III of the SOLAS Convention.
The tests to which the trainees are subjected aim at recreating real situations whose purpose is the transfer of the following competences:
- Knowledge of the construction, maintenance, repair and fitting-out of fast rescue boats;
- Take control of on-board training equipment and devices, both for training and recovery;
- Take control of a fast rescue boat installed on board, during the landing and recovery;
- Take control of a fast rescue boat after landing;
- Operate on the engine of a fast emergency boat;
The course includes different teaching techniques: lectures for the understanding of theoretical knowledge, questions for the verification of the understanding of the course topics, Practical exercises in the pool and near the lake where our floating platform is moored and self-propelled with the means of rescue.
In order to obtain the certificate of seafarer approved for high-speed rescue boats, the following requirements shall be met:
- PSCRB valid certificate;
The courses are weekly organized except the second, third week of August and the Christmas holiday season. In addition, courses are organized on request through private or corporate bookings.