PSCRB courses provide theoretical and practical training of seafarers to obtain certification of seafarers qualified for lifeboats. Survival craft and rescue boats as defined in Regulation 3 of Chapter III of the SOLAS Convention.
The tests to which the trainees are subjected aim at recreating real situations whose purpose is the transfer of the following competences:
Take control of the rescue vehicle or the rescue boat during and after landing;
Operate on the engine of a lifeboat;
Manage the persons and the collective means of rescue after the abandonment of the ship;
Use of locating devices, including radio communication equipment and pyrotechnic rescue signals;
Application of first aid to survivors;
The course includes different teaching techniques: lectures for the understanding of theoretical knowledge, questions for the verification of the understanding of the course topics, Practical exercises in the pool and near the lake where our floating platform is moored and self-propelled.
It is provided within the course the explanation and demonstration of use of the main personal lifesaving equipment and equipment present in life rafts and lifeboats.Moreover it is previewed I’m use of video to the aim to transmit in way conforms the concepts tied to the means of rescue and the survival in sea.
In order to obtain a seafarer’s certificate for lifeboats, the following requirements are required:
- at least 18 years old;
- belong to seafarers’ staff:
- personnel enrolled in seafarers’ freshmen;
- personnel with no book of navigation employed on board ships (procurement ex art. 17, law n. 856/1986).
- hold the valid Survival and Rescue course training certificate in accordance with Table A-VI/1-1 of the STCW Code;
- completed at least six months of navigation on units subject to the scope of the STCW Convention or have performed the equivalent functions referred to in Ministerial Decree 1° March 2016;
The courses are weekly organized except the second, third week of August and the Christmas holiday season. In addition, courses are organized on request through private or corporate bookings.