This course will allow students to understand the legal requirements applicable to lifting operations, requirements for preventive maintenance, criteria for the disposal of lifting equipment( garbage), SWL or WLL to ensure that personnel use lifting equipment and accessories that meet safety standards.
The aim of this course is to provide staff with the knowledge needed to perform lifting operations in an offshore and onshore environment.
In the end, candidates will demonstrate that they are able to:
- Calculate SWL and WLL of slings.
- Understanding the safety factor for accessories and equipment used for lifting;
- Understanding legal requirements for lifting operation
- Perform inspections and verifications prior to a lifting operation.
- Recommend, where possible, equipment and accessories to be discarded.
- Identify the risks associated with the lifting operation.
- Identify the types, characteristics and limits of the use of slings in lifting operations.
- Understand the elements for calculating and sizing the use of slings for lifting.
This training is intended for deck crew, maintenance personnel, technicians and mechanical supervisors and crane operators.
The above training course has taken place in accordance with the following standards:
- PUWER’98 and HSWA’74,
- IMCA Rule M187(03/2018)
- Italian legislation D.LGS 81/2008
The courses are weekly organized except the second, third week of August and the Christmas holiday season. In addition, courses are organized on request through private or corporate bookings.