This topic is still a major hazard for people engaged in operating Merchant Ships and our Entry into Enclosed Spaces Course has been developed in accordance with the international Guidelines. The training is intended to meet to requirements set out in The Merchant Shipping (Entry into Dangerous Spaces) Regulations 1988, IMO Resolutions A.864 (20) and the Code of Safe Working Practices for Merchant Seafarers.
Aims of the course:
- Recognise potentially dangerous enclosed spaces on-board a vessel
- Complete risk assessments of typical enclosed spaces
- Complete a typical enclosed space entry, Permit to Work
- Carry out safe testing of an atmosphere prior to entry using typical industry test equipment, including knowledge of its maintenance & testing/ calibration requirements
- Carry out a safe enclosed space entry
- Carry out self-rescue from an enclosed space
- Carry out the role of a safety attendant
No specific requirements needs
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of:
- Resolution A.1050(27)adopted on 30/11/2011, SOLAS Chapter III,
- Regulation 19 adopted on 21/06/2013, SOLAS CHAPTER XI-1 adopted on 01/01/2015,
- Chapter 17 code of Safe Working Practices for Merchant Seamen, European Directive n.2017/164 adopted on 31/01/2017.
The courses are weekly organized except the second, third week of August and the Christmas holiday season. In addition, courses are organized on request through private or corporate bookings.