This course is intended for all Marine engineers, electrician and specially those working on Container ships, Tankers, Gas carriers and Cruise lines and on ships on which are installed equipments to high voltage, advanced to 1000V. Participants must have pre-requisite working knowledge about Electrical engineering ,
The Operational High Voltage Technology course is held at the IMAT centre and has a duration of 1 day (5 hours) plus final exam.
Requirements to participate are:
-To be a engine officer.
–Basic Training valid certificate
High Voltage Technology course is held at the IMAT Maritime Training Center and has a duration of 4 days (32 hours) and exam. It is a course for chief engineer and engine officers intended to provide services on ships on which high voltage equipment is installed (higher than 1000V), and to Electronic Officers (ETOs) in accordance with Sections A-III/1, A-III/2, A-III3 and A-III6 of the STCW Code.
The course provide the following ability:
- Have increased knowledge levels on various standards regarding to safe working practices on High voltage systems
- Be able to minimize accident probability on High voltage systems
- Be able to understand System layout and Component arrangements
- Follow maintenance practices
Requirement to participate is:
- Valid High V. Technology Operational certificate.
The courses are weekly organized except the second, third week of August and the Christmas holiday season. In addition, courses are organized on request through private or corporate bookings.